I just signed up for J. Kaye's 100+ Reading Challenge and discovered that there are a whole lot of people trying to read 100 books or more this year (I was, like, number 646 to sign up. So yeah). Ah, solidarity. Now I just have to check out all their blogs (just kidding!).
I also like the rules a lot (I think I will adopt these as my new rules!):
1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join.
2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts. What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Books started before the 1st do not count.