Sunday, March 7, 2010

#14 - City of Glass

City of Glass
By: Cassandra Clare
560 pages
Published: 2009
ISBN: 1416914307
My Copy: Bought it at Target

After finishing the first book in The Mortal Instruments series, I quickly put the other two on order from the library. When I finished City of Ashes and saw that I was still several deep in the waiting list for City of Glass, I broke down and bought the book from Target.

And I was not disappointed. I read feverishly through the first two-thirds of the books waiting for (spoiler alert!) the one thing I really, very badly wanted to happen -- for the author to finally un-brother-and-sister Jace and Clary. After the second book, you know it has to be coming soon. She simply can't leave their relationship as it is and give the reader any kind of satisfaction with the ending to the story. She didn't disappoint me! I thought it was well handled (and it explained why Jocelyn had to remain out of the picture for all of book two).

Overall, I thought it was a great series. Very well done. I'd certainly recommend it to lovers of fantasy or even fans of Harry Potter since Cassandra Clare started out writing Harry Potter fan fiction (very interesting!).

Rating: B
Series Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment