Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#9 - I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It

I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It
By: Adam Selzer
192 pages
Published: 2010
ISBN: 0385735030
My copy: Borrowed from library

This book was more fun than it had an right to be. I started out a bit annoyed at the main character and her friends (they have that we-are-so-real vibe which can get kind of grating), but she grew on me throughout the book as she grows and changes in her relationship with Doug. The whole thing is kind of like a funny anti-Twilight piece. When Alley learns that Doug is a zombie she decides whether or not she wants to "convert." So she ventures down to her guidance councillor's office to pick up an informative pamphlet called Vampires, Zombies & You: Questions and Answers About Post-Humans for Teens. There are a lot of funny moments like that and I found the whole twist on the I-met-a-dead-guy-and-I-love-him-so-much story to be kind of adorable.

So, yeah, it's cheesy and kind of silly, but in a good way. Plus, I think the message is a little more healthy for teen girls obsessed with Twilight.

Rating: B

PS - Here's the book trailer (very cute):

No comments:

Post a Comment